Friday 12 December 2014

IELTS Writing Task : 'Time Off Work' Letter


Here's my full answer for last week's general writing question:
Dear Mr. Smith,
I am writing to ask for some time off work next month.
The reason for this ______ is that my brother is getting married. His future wife is Australian, and the wedding will take ______ in her home city, Melbourne. As the brother of the groom, I cannot miss such a SPECIAL occasion.
To attend the ceremony and make the ______ trip from the UK, I would need at least five days off work. However, I would like to take the opportunity to do some sightseeing in Australia, and so I am hoping that you will allow me to take a full two weeks’ ______, from the 1st to the 15th of May.
I have spoken to my co-workers, and it seems that Peter Jones would be best ______ to cover my project commitments while I am away. I will ______ detailed instructions for him on my desk.
I hope that my request does not cause you any inconvenience.
Yours sincerely,
Michael Hall


No comments:

Post a Comment